In-Pit Crushing and Conveying - an alternative to conventional material transport system
The capital and operational cost directly depend on the material transport system. Conventional truck haulage as today´s predominant mean of material transport in surface mines are well established and provide excellent flexibility, however contribute up to 60% of the overall mining cost.
IPCC represents a viable, safer and less fossil fuel dependent alternative.
They comprise of fully-mobile, semi-mobile or fixed in pit crusher stations connected to conveyors and spreaders (for waste) or stackers (for ore) to transport material out of the mine.
Besides the potential operational expenditure reduction, IPCC systems offer a number of other benefits to mining operations:
- Reduced manning requirements of between 40 – 60% due to higher automation
- Reduced spear part requirements
- Possible electrical power generation at downhill conveyors
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions of up to 25%
- Noise level reduction of up to 35%
- Dust emission reduction of up to 40%
- Reduced bad weather downtimes
- Improved safety due to fewer mobile vehicle usage