Material Testing & Simulation
Mining, comminution and material handling processes are as diverse as the material they are concerned with. We ensure that the design and layout of equipment also reflects the particular requirements of the specific material concerned.
At TAKRAF Group, Research and Development (R&D) in the field of rock material-equipment-interaction is by tradition an integral part of our ongoing product development process.
Our focus is on critical factors such as rock fragmentation and abrasion. Accordingly, the Group boasts a variety of in-house test facilities where we are able to conduct material tests across a wide variety of conditions. Determination of material crushability and wear behavior can thus be analyzed by specialized test machines, the results of which can then be employed for wear predictions and customized solutions for crushing tools, cutting tools of bucket wheel excavators and various other equipment, including our DELKOR solid/liquid range of minerals processing solutions.
Since these R&D activities are combined with the development and enhancement of in-house testing facilities and process simulation approaches, we are ready to share this experience with you.
Depending on requirements, material testing can take place on-site and/or in our specialized laboratories. Depending on the equipment category the following material features can be analyzed:
- Water content
- Atterberg limits
- Size analysis and grain size distribution
- Uniaxial compressive strength: direct and indirect tests (Point Load, Schmidt-Rebound, Protodjakonow, Ultrasonic Seismic Speed)
- Tensile strength: indirect test
- Crushability: Bond Work Index
- Wear behaviour: Los Angeles Test, Bond Abrasion Index
- Size reduction
- Grinding and classification of ore
Bucket-wheel / Bucket-chain excavator
- Cutting resistance tests with Dornij probe, Scheffler driving probe, Wedge probe
- Gravity based separation of mineral studies in jig and spiral concentrator
- Flotation upgradation studies
- Magnetic separation amenability studies
- Dewatering studies (thickening and filtration studies)
For highly sophisticated material tests such as tri-axial or bond work index tests, our long-term partners with certified testing facilities and scientific laboratories are ready to provide required material characterizations on short notice.
Process simulations encompass our in-house test stations and numeric simulation such as Discrete Element Method (DEM).