Following the success of its first commercial application in 2021, our new generation DELKOR BQR flotation cell, which is now equipped with our unique MAXGen mechanism, is in high demand, with several orders floating in from around the globe.
Our MAXGen equipped cells were first commercially applied at a cement works in India, in order to maximize limestone recovery. In other, more recent orders, our cells are being applied across a range of commodities with the technology selected for both, its superior metallurgical performance, as well as DELKOR’s ability to provide a cost-effective and customized solution.
The string of recent orders includes:
- 12 x BQR flotation cells for a fluorspar processing plant in Spain. The cells are equipped with eDART internal dart valves for the larger cells and external pinch valves for the small cell. eDART valves are known globally for their superior and safe design.
- 5 x BQR flotation cells for the processing of iron ore in Honduras. As part of an economically viable package, the cells were supplied with a reagent system and an air blower, as well as conductivity type level sensors for accurate froth level detection and control.
- 11 x BQR flotation cells for two gold mines in Australia. Special features of this application included a dual outlet froth discharge box with dart plugs to divert the froth to different pipelines based on the metal grade of the froth. In addition, adjustable froth lips enable flexibility of froth discharge into the launders. Given the high ultraviolet (UV) levels of the environment, UV resistance paint was provided to protect the rubber lining.
- 4 x BQR flotation cells for iron ore recovery from a zinc, lead, silver and copper concentrator tailings stream in South Africa. A built-in cell by-pass system with external dart valves and a backpressure pipe are included in the flotation circuit. The bypass system allows bypassing of a cell for maintenance without having to shut the circuit down completely, while the rest of the cells can keep running with a proportionately reduced flow rate. Backpressure piping ensures consistent slurry level management in the last cell, resulting in superior circuit metallurgical performance.
- 6 x BQR flotation cells for a nickel restart project in Australia. Features include a dual outlet froth discharge box with dart plugs, adjustable froth lips and a gearbox drive for the largest cell. UV resistant paint is also provided to protect the rubber lining.
Rajiv Krishnamurthy, Sales Manager - Europe DELKOR Products, had this to say recently regarding this slew of new orders: “Our MAXGen mechanism is the result of extensive research and development. Our mechanism provides superior recoveries with higher mineral grade, along with faster flotation kinetics, which is achieved by generating favorable bubble size distribution and energy efficient hydrodynamics in the cell. Other outstanding benefits include the rotor and stator configuration, which enables the rotor to operate at a lower tip speed, reducing operational costs with lower power consumption and wear. These benefits also going a long way to supporting our Group’s sustainability efforts. The demand for our new generation cells is testimony both to the excellence of our in-house developed technologies, as well as our global team’s commitment to providing our clients with a solution that exactly meets their needs. These projects are a great reference for DELKOR and serve to entrench our new generation flotation cells as a premier global flotation technology.”
For more information about our new generation of DELKOR BQR flotation cells with MAXGen mechanism, please have a look at: DELKOR BQR Flotation Cells | TAKRAF - TAKRAF GmbH or send us an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Innovation out of tradition – It pays to talk to a specialist!